Monday, March 31, 2008

Written March 31



It's back!

Oh freakin' finally, baseball is back. It's easy to tell I'm a baseball fan. I've made it easier at work by going from a hat that has this snake image but no words:




to this :



The first picture is the batting practice hat. Given the Dbacks haven't been around terribly long considering the age of major league baseball, I don't expect anyone to know that. The few people who have recognised it have been from Pheonix--which I am not.

Spring Training is over--which is awesome. I've explained the good and the bad of spring training to so many people I can't bare to even type it out--the gist of is it is if you're practicing on honing in on one thing, you can be indifferent to things like ERA or strike outs.

And now after the Japanese got to see our Past Time's opening day before us and the Braves lost to the Nationals, the rest of us are getting our games.

Unless you're a Yankee's fan--and if you are a big mighty "HAHA!" from me! The first of what I hope are many. Enjoy the rain delay programing. Today might be better.

Rain is causing chaos all around baseball. The Cubs and Brewers had their game stopped in the third, and my own Dbacks had the starting pitch knocked back an hour.

Speaking of my boys, I'm listening to my boys take it to the Reds in front of Cincinati. They have small lead but it's only the fifth inning. And this is baseball, afterall, and this is the Reds at home on Opening Day.

No comments: